The main component in a Karwa Chauth celebration is the Karwa Chauth Puja Thali. The Puja Thali, also known colloquially as ‘Baya’ contains the roli, vermilion, sacred water, dry fruits like almonds, pishta etc., earthen clay pots, diyas and different types of Indian sweets, in their respective utensils. Special care is taken so that the Puja Thali is tastefully decorated. Rangoli and Alpona are often inscribed on the Thali as a ritualistic decoration.
Karwa Chauth Puja Thali decoration is an attractive art and many people tend to make floral designs with flowers and leaves. On this day, Ma Gaura or Parvati is worshipped by the women who fast during the day. The married women pray for the well-being, safety and the longevity of their husbands.
A Karwa Chauth Puja thali also contains a saree known as the Baya or the Bayana. It is a gift for the mother-in-law which is included in the set. For the lady performing the ritual by fasting, a bridal saree is kept for her.
Karwa Chauth Puja Thali Decoration Ideas
Thali decoration is an art and different women decorate their thalis in different ways. Here are some steps on how to decorate your thali on Karwa Chauth:
● Take a plain thali and draw a ritualistic picture on the thali. Dip some rolled cotton in oil and use it as a diya.
● Take a small utensil and add haldi and sindoor and place them on the thali. These are two of essential items that you would need in a Karwa Chauth Puja Thali.
● Add food items in the thali. A typical thali on this occasion consists of food items like pheni (a sweet made by using milk and semolina), different kinds of sweets, halwa, fresh and dry fruits.
Make Karwa Chauth Special for Your Wife
While the customs make the women follow traditions and rituals for their husbands, you can certainly turn this Karwa Chauth into a memorable one with beautiful Karwa Chauth gifts 2017. Show your appreciation for your wife by making her Karwa Chauth special. Here are some tips on turning this Karwa Chauth into the best one yet.
● Cook for Her: Your wife is the one generally cooking for the family. Surprise her by treating with a special menu cooked by you exclusively for your wife. You can also cook for the entire family and take the pressure off her on the day of the Karwa Chauth when she is fasting.
● Surprise Her with Gifts: You can surprise her with gifts on Karwa Chauth. Gift options range from gift hampers and dry fruit collections to handbags and jewellery. You can also present her a beautiful dress that she would love flaunting. If you want to make it more special, buy multiple gifts for her, and spread it across the house. Send her on a treasure hunt.
● Take the Day Off: She would appreciate this gesture as much as she will appreciate you adorning her with gifts. Spend time with her the whole day and show her that you are beside her even in dire times. Taking the day off and spending it with your wife will also rekindle the romance.
● Fast with Her: This calls for some trouble as most men will find it difficult to go through the day without any food. Keeping the fast will make you realize the efforts she puts in to ensure your good health. Show your support the whole day.
We at GiftaLove understand that you need unique gifts for your unique wife. We have the largest collection of Karwa Chauth gifts in 2017 ( http://karwachauth.giftalove.com/ ) for you to make your pick. Surprise your wife this year with an exclusive gift, made especially for her.
Visit at: https://www.giftalove.com/